Standard Level One Class for Caregivers
Instruction - 8 Hour CourseThe eight hour course of instruction consists of an introduction to Reiki and a summary of the history of Reiki. Our Reiki Master teachers give supervised instruction in the use of hand positions for treatments which we have found to be especially effective for recipients. We emphasize essential practices for caregivers in caring for and nurturing themselves.
Optional Models for Eight Hours of Class Instruction
- Four two-hour sessions in four consecutive weeks (preferred)
- Two four-hour sessions within one month
- One full-day session of eight hours of training
Reiki Classes Sponsored by REIKI Rays of Hope
- Any combination of the four target groups of caregivers
- Funding through grant funds, private donations
Reiki Classes for Professional Caregivers Sponsored by Institutions such as Hospitals, Nursing Homes
- Any combination of professional caregivers, such as nurses, aides, social workers, health care practitioners, doctors, therapists, etc.
- Free or low-cost to caregivers
- Instructors - Reiki Masters contracted by REIKI Rays of Hope
- Funded by institution
- Institution contracts for Reiki classes with REIKI Rays of Hope
- Continuing Education Credits granted where available
- Maximum 8 caregiver students to 1 Reiki Master
Curriculum - Level One Class Content
Caregivers Reiki Instruction Manual with visuals
- The history, energy theories, purposes and uses, hand positions
and routines of Reiki
- Techniques for nurturing and giving Reiki to loved ones
- Instruction in the importance of self-care for the caregiver
DVD - 15 minutes – overview of what REIKI is and can do; testimonials from caregivers of loved ones with Alzheimer’s; testimonials from 4 RN’s about the Reiki programs in their healthcare facilities.
DVD - 30 minute instructional video demonstrating a whole body Reiki treatment on a massage table, adapted hand positions for use on hospital or residential beds, and a whole body Reiki treatment in a chair, the model being promoted by REIKI Rays for its practicality and usefulness in daily life.
Supervised Practice of Reiki Treatments
Reiki Master teacher supervises in-class practice of Reiki by caregiver students on one another.